Sunday, June 05, 2005

One of my favorite places on earth...

The Glen
In college, I had the opportunity to attend a Navigator Summer Training Program which was held at the headquarters of the Navs in Colorado Springs. Glen Eyrie, which means "valley of the eagle's nest", is a stunningly beautiful place right on the foothills of the Rockies. I spent that summer in the mid-80's there, and have fallen in love with this wonderful setting ever since.

In fact, we are always looking an opportunity to someday move out to the Colorado area, ANYWHERE. My heart is forever in Colorado! Well, maybe we'll retire out there... God seems to be directing to Minnesota for a variety of reasons for the time being...don't worry.

Anyway, if you ever get the chance to spend some time at the Glen, DO IT. Here's their website.

Carole and I just had the great opportunity to sharpen our marriage during a 4 day retreat at the Glen two weeks ago. It was one of the most relaxing, encouraging and refreshing times in my entire life. AND, to be there with my wonderful bride of 17 years was just a memory that neither of us will ever forget. I am the most fortunate man on the face of the earth to have such a beautiful, loving, soft-hearted, and wonderful mother as my life-partner, and thanks be to God (and that wonderful person who gave us the free airfare to get out there! - you know who you are!).

Lord, thanks for Carole and for the joy she is to my heart. Thanks so very much that my heart still goes "pitter-patter" when I see her after being away for a time. You are just too good to allow me the opportunity to enjoy her and to have her be in my life. Your grace is almost too much for me to bear ---- You're just too good when I stop to think about it, and the gift of a sharpened marriage and the joy it brings to my heart is evidence of your outpouring of goodness to me. You're Awesome!

2 comments:

Laura Ibsen said...

The Glen really does get into your soul. I heard there are scores of people who's ministry is to pray every day for the glen. Maybe that's why it affects people so much and everyone falls in love with it.

Michelle said...

Hey I talked to you once about getting baptized in the University pool. I was amazed at how like-minded the body of Christ is, because much of your advise I'd already done.

Do the erno's have a blog?