Thursday, September 16, 2004

Blogging to the glory of God!?!?!?

So, here it is. Today I have decided to start my very own blog. Why, you might ask? Is it because I think I am a good writer? HA! No way. Is it because I think I have such profound thoughts that it is necessary to write them all down for prosterity? Ah, no. So why does a guy who is busy up to his eyeballs start a blog?

The answer to me is simple. I'm doing it because I want to have more and more 'conversation' with many of the people of Hope that time just doesn't permit. Last Sunday, we had our largest service ever with just over 400 in worship. Something within me just thinks that is so cool! We've been studying the book of Acts, how the church just got completely 'out of hand' as it grew quickly. Hope is going through a similar, albeit smaller, time. God is in our midst! He is causing many people to trust him in ways that we’ve only dreamed about! To him ALONE be the glory. Trust me, it is NOT due to our slickness, or great marketing skills that Hope is growing. We are poster children for the "yes, you, even you can start a church and watch it grow" movement! God is so cool!

However, with this additional amount of people, I still have a longing to take each and every one of you out for a bagel or a cup of coffee and get to know you better. Can't be done anymore. So, my start to having a conversation with many of you is this blog. I would love for you to check it out whenever you feel like it, and comment away! All you need to do is create an account (only page 1 is necessary for you to comment - if you want your own blog, fill out pages 2-3).

Looking forward to blogging and having a cup of electronic 'jo with you!

Trike

2 comments:

Roger Messner said...

Steve,

I am excited to venture into this territory with you! A whole new adventure of "fellowship"...and one more good thing in a long line of otherwise aimlessly distravtive things to do on-line.

I totally appriciate your desire to stay connected by what seems by any means necissary. Thankyou for following Christ in way that I have only seen rarely in my life. In just a short time I have seen God do amazing things in and through Hope Community, and may this be another.

I admire and uphold you as my pastor, I take joy in your being a brother in Christ (i don't much "talk" like that, so it's pretty seriuos for me!), and I anticipate the growth (not a numbers thing!) we will share in as a body becoming as Christ intends.

You are "so money", you are the serious "bling-bling", and "Dude" you take "the shinny dime" everytime!

With peace like a river, backed up @ the dam,

rOGER mESSNER

stevetreichler said...

Roger,

You are hilarious. No, I really mean that, you are hilarious. Thanks so much for your encouragement, and for your incredible attitude. It is infectious (kinda like the asain flu, or typhoid)...well, you get my drift.

I wish the very best to you and to your new bride - as well as your new extended and stretched family! Enjoy the ride, my friend, in Jesus!

Trike