Sunday, November 21, 2004

Goodbye, Old Friend...

P7270004
Ripley, faithful friend

Ripley, our dog of the last four years, has been a faithful friend, an extra 'brother' to the boys, and the only one in recent months who would run to the door to greet me when I came home. He and I had a little dance we would do everytime I came home. I would say, "Give me some lovin', Rips." and he would jump up and scratch my tummy with his paws. It was great to genuinely be wanted and loved when you walked in the door after a day of work. My three boys, long past the "DADDY'S HOME!!!!" stage of life, have now moved to the "hey, dad" phase. Ripley was the last holdout, and he was my buddy.

Unfortunately, a malformity in his stomach caused him to not be able to keep anything down the last month or so, and through a long and complicated series of events, he ended up going through a surgery to try to correct it this last Friday, November 19th. It was uncorrectable, and we had to put him down.

So, here's to you, my tummy-scratching, sock-chewing, squirrel-chasing friend. We love you, Rips!


Ripley2
The fact that he bit off the end of my arm here, had
nothing to do with his demise...

1 comment:

A. Engler said...

Sorry Trike. It's like loosing one of the family. I hear you. I've been there. Hoping all is well with you otherwise. I still check in now and again to listen to your sermons just to make sure you're not dabbling too much into heresies. JUST KIDDING. I hear that God is still doing many mighty works there at Hope. Many blessings to you from Boston.