Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Proverbs 23 to 31

I really enjoyed this "doing a book of the Bible together" thing. It was fun, and I plan to do another book together in May. Anyway, I had a bunch going on here at the end of the month and didn't get my postings in. Here's my verses from Proverbs 23-31:
4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. (Proverbs 23:4, NIV).

29 Do not say, “I’ll do to him as he has done to me; I’ll pay that man back for what he did.” (Proverbs 24:29, NIV).

9 If you argue your case with a neighbour, do not betray another man’s confidence, 10 or he who hears it may shame you and you will never lose your bad reputation. (Proverbs 25:9, 10, NIV).

7 Like a lame man’s legs that hang limp is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. 9 Like a thornbush in a drunkard’s hand is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. (Proverbs 26:7 and 9, NIV).

14 If a man loudly blesses his neighbour early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse. (Proverbs 27:14, NIV).

14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble. (Proverbs 28:14, NIV).

11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. (Proverbs 29:11, NIV).

7 “Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: 8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. 9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonour the name of my God. (Proverbs 30:7-9, NIV).

8 “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. 9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” (Proverbs 31:8, 9, NIV).

Hoping to become wise by living according to his word,
Trike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree. god knows whats going to happen. its like jesus said when he was in india studying and worshipping with the llamas: ' god is everywhere; he is inside of us, he is in nature. we are all a piece of god. together we collectively make up god."

and that is sooooooooo totally true!!!!! if churches weren't so close minded, they would be able to learn who jesus truly was! if i hadn't had my eyes opened, i wouldn't have been able to share an awesomely powerful message like that with everyone! and there are soooooo many more out there!!! everyone should learn who the REAL jesus was!!!!!