Monday, February 20, 2006

Are you up to the March to Wisdom challenge?

The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young— let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance— for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
~ Proverbs 1:1-6


Proverbs is an incredible book of Scripture. It is filled with the sayings of the wise - principles that, if followed, lead to knowing Christ better, and living a life of integrity. However, it is not a book of promises - in other words, if you do these things you will get rich, or get your health back, etc. It is a gift for us to know how to live life successfully in this murky world.

This March, I would like to challenge our entire church (anyone else who surfs onto this blog) to do something - join me on a “March to Wisdom.” I am going to be reading the book of Proverbs one chapter per day, and would invite everyone (men, women and children) at Hope to join in with me if you would like to. There are 31 chapters of Proverbs and 31 days in March. Perfect! 1 Chapter per day.

After you have read a chapter, I would ask you to pick out one proverb and then either memorize it, put it on a card to meditate on, or just write it in a journal. I’ll be memorizing 31 proverbs and posting my “Journey through Proverbs” online on my blog - www.stevetreichler.blogspot.com. I would invite you all to add your proverb of the day to the comment section each day as well, adding any comments how your proverb has ministered to you.

Seeking wisdom with you this March,
Trike

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Trike-

What a cool idea....I think I might have to join you on this one. I did Proverbs with one of my women's bible study's and memorized 10 verses that way and they have stuck on my heart more than some of the other verses I have memorized!

I might post about this on my blog too and put a link to your site....

Vicki

timmer k. said...

It lives!!!!! Muahhahah!!
Good to see you back in the blogging fold, trike.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Steve,

Funny, I was thinking about reading through Proverbs on my own anyway, so I definitely will join you in the "March to Wisdom" challenge.

~ Jarrod A.