Thursday, June 16, 2005

A goal reached...

stooges_golf
As you can see from our pastoral photo above, Hamlet, Cor and I went golfing this week. Alright, not really, but there is a close resemblance, don't ya think?

Anyway, I really did go golfing with Matt McNiece this Monday morning and acheived a goal I have been working on for about 5 years...I beat 90! Without any "foot-wedges" or "gimme a mulligan"s or "that's a gimme", etc. I played it straight up and beat 90!! I have beaten 90 many times before, but never "staight up" or not giving myself a few breaks - i.e., that ball that went in the water was of the devil, so I better hit a godly ball, etc.

Keeping score the right way, I have scored exactly 90 a few times, and 91s and 92s flourish. BUT, I just couldn't seem to break the old 90 mark!

Well, in the presence of our Lord and Matt McNiece (Jesus being just a bit more important in that gallery of spectators), I did it! Scored an 88 (44 on both sides) on Como Golf Course in St. Paul on Monday, June 13th, 2005. And, CJ, no I did not hit your house on the back nine!

Trike

4 comments:

A. Engler said...

Congratulations, Trike! Say, I'll be in Minnesota again for my sister's wedding in July, want to see if you can break 90 twice?

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Nice Steve! I'm really impressed. Since I can't find my fly rod maybe we can go golfing this summer.
mikedev

stevetreichler said...

Aaron,

You bet! When will you be in town? I'm gone a bit in July to Trinity for classes, but I hope it will work out.

ST

stevetreichler said...

Pat,

Nice story. Ya know, I have NEVER even considered having that as a goal -- I don't know why, but I've never even considered it...perhaps you've given me something to live for now. A hole in one!!

My wife will really thank you for giving me that new goal, as well as my kids who will from here to the end of my days be neglected and put in the poor house due to dad's obsession with [insert cheesy Scottish accent here] "the Game."

THANKS ALOT!!!!